Thursday, November 4, 2010

Further exploration of non-rectangular paintings, and geometric forms in regards to the citycape.




Upon finishing my previous painting, the only logical thing to do was to continue with the exploration of the non-rectangular painting.

I was unsure of the shape that i wanted this canvas to take, so i began looking at some painters and paintings that could provide me a little bit of inspiration. I settled upon Marcel Duchamp's Nude descending a staircase. The painting was of interest to me because of the strong ability that it was to draw the viewers eye in a certain direction through brushwork. The fact that we as westerners read from left to right is another observation that stuck wtih me as i was creating this piece.



This piece was another exploration of material that involved house paint, as well as oil Paint. It is about seven feet tall when hung on the wall and is on unstretched canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment